New Diameter on Popular Titen HD® Screw Anchor Offers Optimum Performance in Cracked and Uncracked Concrete
Simpson Strong-Tie, the industry leader in engineered structural connectors and building solutions, now offers its patented, high-strength Titen HD® screw anchor for concrete and masonry in 1/4″ diameter.
This new size offers optimum performance in both cracked and uncracked concrete, as required by the 2012 IBC for post-installed anchors. The newly redesigned anchor has all the features of the original Titen HD – plus optimized thread geometry and the 1/4″ diameter.
The self-undercutting, non-expansion characteristics of the Titen HD anchor make it ideal for structural applications, even at reduced edge distances and spacings. It is recommended for permanent applications in dry, interior, non-corrosive environments or temporary outdoor applications.
Other key features include:
- • Qualified for static and seismic loading conditions in cracked and uncracked concrete
- • Suitable for horizontal, vertical and overhead applications
- • Installs with low torque for maximum efficiency
- • Code-listed under the current IBC/IRC in accordance with [glossary]AC193[/glossary] for cracked concrete applications per ICC-ES ESR-2713 and with [glossary]AC106[/glossary] for masonry applications per ICC-ES ESR-1056
- • Classified as a Category 1 anchor, the highest attainable anchor category for performance in cracked concrete under static and seismic loading.
For more information, visit strongtie.com/thdb25.
Information provided by Simpson Strong-tie