DALLAS — Builders FirstSource, Inc., the nation’s largest supplier of structural building products, value-added components and services, as well as the LBM100 number one dealer has published its inaugural Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) report. The report offers an overview of the comprehensive initiatives and programs the company has implemented to improve transparency and sustainability throughout the organization for the betterment of its team members, shareholders and partners. The report can be viewed by clicking here.
The report details the steps the company has taken to improve corporate governance, financial strength, operational efficiency, environmental stewardship, community engagement and resource management.
“At Builders FirstSource, we pride ourselves on using our scale and resources to build a more sustainable future for all of our stakeholders,” said Dave Flitman, president and CEO of Builders FirstSource. “We are proud of our efforts on this front and are committed to doing even more going forward as part of our mission to be a responsible and trusted partner for our communities and planet. Our CSR report provides an overview of the actions we have taken to become a better corporate steward for all, and we are pleased to report on our progress in this regard for the first time. It’s an honor to lead this incredible organization, and I am energized by the opportunities that exist to further strengthen our social impact.”
Highlights from the Builders FirstSource inaugural CSR report include:
- Delivering an 18% reduction in recordable injuries across the Company in 2021
- Launching diversity, equity and inclusion trainings for all team members
- Monitoring the composition of the workforce across functions and increasing recruiting from more diverse sources
- Contributing over $2 million to various charitable initiatives
- Sourcing over 90% of wood products from sustainable forestry certified vendors
Tracking the benefits of material waste savings resulting from the use of our READY-FRAME product and industry-leading off-site component manufacturing, saving over 3 million trees from 2019 through 2021
- Utilizing water-based paints to reduce hazardous waste risks to our team members and the environment
- Implementing a nationwide delivery routing system to maximize vehicle efficiency, save costs and minimize emissions
- Monitoring vehicle idle time and providing financial incentives to minimize idling and reduce emissions
- Introducing electric forklifts and clean-burning diesel delivery vehicles to reduce carbon emissions, and committing to integrating zero-emission vehicles into our fleets
- Upgrading lighting to LEDs to save energy, reduce carbon emissions and improve safety through better visibility
- Installing overhead fans to reduce air conditioning and related power usage
- Implementing measures to ensure appropriate and ethical business conduct and relations, such as robust accounting systems to monitor and detect potential financial irregularities, including regular reporting to the Board of Directors
Builders FirstSource intends to publish an updated CSR report on an annual basis.