It’s no secret—enthusiasm for home improvement projects is through the roof. Underscoring this sentiment, “We are seeing strong demand and continued optimism in the residential remodeling market,” said National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) Chief Economist Robert Dietz in a recent statement.
With demand for remodeling services higher than ever, homeowners are looking to contractors to recommend high-value building products that can turn underutilized backyards into an extension of their homes, increasing the amount of usable square footage. Against this frenzied demand for outdoor home improvement, dealers and distributors can maximize profit margins by offering every piece of the puzzle to bring a job to completion quickly and efficiently.
To support the channel, Fortress® engineered a complete collection of wood-alternative building solutions that provide depth of inventory, but not an overcomplicated yard. Category-leading products such as Apex® capped bamboo-PVC composite decking and Evolution steel deck framing and stair system are bringing awareness to the fact that performance and aesthetics can be twofold in the building industry. Not to mention, these products can work together in harmony to create long-lasting spaces, but they can also stand on their own.
A testament to smarter innovation, these solution-driven offerings are part of the Outdurable Living® category, Fortress’ complete collection of products that are resilient, refined, simple to install and engineered to withstand Mother Nature. Combined with customer-first programs and unlimited possibilities, Fortress Building Products can offer the Total Solution for your customers’ next outdoor home improvement job. Take a closer look at the Total Solution:
- Fortress® decking. Thanks to advances in manufacturing, products such as capped bamboo-PVC composite deck boards continue to rise in popularity with homeowners because they successfully emulate the sought-after appearance of natural wood, but lack the propensity to warp, crack or fade over time.
- Fortress® railing. As more customers gravitate towards modern, high-design concepts, it’s no surprise that aluminum, steel, glass and cable railing systems are seeing big play. These sleek deck railing solutions pair an upscale aesthetic with maximum system strength and longevity.
- Fortress® framing. With incredible brawn and an inherently durable nature, steel has proven to sideline issues that plague wood frame decks, such as deterioration after long-term exposure to moisture and warping in extreme temperature changes. Plus, with intuitive, ready-to-assemble steel deck framing and stair systems within reach, contractors and do-it-yourselfers alike can feel confident about making the switch to steel.
- Fortress® fencing. A once overlooked element of a yard, fencing can be much more than a standard safety measure. Today’s aluminum, steel and composite fencing materials present an opportunity for homeowners to extend their existing design aesthetic to the perimeter line, while also adding an element of privacy.
- Fortress® pergolas. The shiny new star of the backyard scenario, steel pergolas are trending due to their ability to bring functionality, definition, and a contemporary aesthetic to nearly any landscape. Not to mention, homeowners are showing a growing interest in high-end building materials like steel—a permanent result of the 2020 lumber shortage.
- Fortress® cladding. Wood-emulating cladding options such as composite and PVC can provide enhanced weatherability while delivering the warmth and richness of tropical hardwoods. Offering such options will satisfy homeowners’ design-centric preferences and drive more sales in the process, making the case for wood-alternative building products.
- Fortress also offers specialized fastener systems and lighting accessories to bring your customers’ outdoor home improvement jobs to completion.
Prepare to meet continued demand for remodeling services in 2022 by partnering with Fortress Building Products. Our Total Solution approach is the industry’s most comprehensive collection of products, programs and possibilities. It’s the Fortress way, and we’re all in. Learn more about our solution-based product offerings and personalized customer service experience at fortressbp.com.