Homewood announced a number of recent initiatives including:
- Adding a new distribution center in Elk Grove, Calif., featuring rail access and 25 acres of yard and warehouse space.
- Homewood Door, Window, and Millwork is moving from Loomis, Calif. to Roseville, Calif. where there is a purpose-built 19,000 square foot manufacturing facility, featuring an additional 9,000 square feet of product displays and office space.
- Homewood Truss in Olivehurst, Calif. is upgrading equipment and technology to double output capacity.
- Homewood Lumber moved in the second half of 2020 from Loomis, Calif. to a larger location in Rocklin, Calif. with 15,000 square feet of expanded product displays and a 5-acre lumber yard offering easier in/out access.
- Technology efficiencies at all locations to support increased demand.
“ACS is expanding capacity at Homewood to better service our growing portfolio of local and regional customers,” said James Drexinger, CEO of ACS. “Homewood has built strong relationships among the network of building professionals who understand the Sacramento market. I am confident the local Homewood team will do a great job of ensuring area builders and contractors continue to receive the support and extensive product knowledge needed to make their jobs easier.”
“Demand for our products and services continues to grow. We are more than doubling Homewood’s capacity to support the growth opportunity resulting from the suburban shift of housing construction,” added ACS Division President Sam Dawson. “The Homewood team, better servicing customers at scale, is sure to create value, and help our professional builder and remodeler customers address the increased demand for new and improved housing across the broader Northern California market.”
ACS acquired Homewood Holdings in February 2020.