Family owned and operated since 1946, New England-based Jackson Lumber & Millwork is celebrating its 70th Anniversary.
Headquartered in Lawrence, Mass., Jackson Lumber & Millwork serves contractors, remodelers, and homeowners throughout eastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. Owned and operated by the Torrisi family since 1946, the company recently celebrated the 70 year milestone.
Founded by Joe Torrisi, the company started at a small site on Jackson Street, Lawrence, Mass. in 1946. Joe recognized the building materials supply opportunity created by the post-World War II building boom. Named Jackson Lumber for the street where it was located, the company quickly outgrew the initial location and moved to Market Street, where they could spread out over an entire city block. Innovative for that time, the property included a drive-through lumberyard and a rail spur to facilitate lumber delivery by rail.
Throughout the ups and downs of the national, regional, and local economy, Jackson Lumber & Millwork enjoyed steady growth under the Torrisi family leadership. Today, the company has a millwork manufacturing facility in Raymond, New Hampshire, lumberyards and retail stores in Amesbury, Massachusetts and Lawrence, Massachusetts, and a state-of-the-art kitchen design showroom in North Andover, Massachusetts. After 30 years at the company helm, Al Torrisi passed control of Jackson Lumber & Millwork to the third generation of family leadership in 2012.
Current Jackson president, Mark Torrisi, is committed to continuing the company mission to “provide customers with quality products, services & solutions on-time and in-full every day.” The Torrisi family management team is known for incorporating innovative business practices in order to produce better outcomes for their customers.
After 70 years in business, Jackson Lumber & Millwork and the Torrisi family continue the commitment to give back to their communities and to actively participate in lumber industry associations.
Source: Jackson Lumber & Millwork