The American Building Materials Alliance (ABMA), a newly-formed federal legislative and regulatory affairs committee dedicated to providing advocacy efforts on behalf of the LBM industry, held its first official meeting Aug. 26.
The ABMA was formed when the Northeastern Retail Lumber Association (NRLA) and Construction Suppliers Association (CSA) announced a partnership in May, along with an agreement to represent their membership on federal legislative and regulatory matters.
The merger announcement was made just days after NRLA split ties with the National Lumber and Building Material Dealers Association, a move that was strongly criticized by the NLBMDA.
At the Aug. 26 meeting, the following committee members and staff were introduced, according to the American Building Materials Alliance Facebook page.
• Joe Cecarelli, HOOD Distribution, Chair
• Ida Ross Hicks, Swift Supply, Vice-Chair
• Sara Belletete, Belletete Inc.
• Andrew Brown, Brown Lumber Co.
• Phil Kennedy, Comanche Home Center
• Bob Magbee, Magbee Contractors Supply
• Matt Semonik, Arnold Lumber
• Rod Wiles, Hammond Lumber
• Pat Rita, Lobbyist
• Kirk Ives, ABMA Legislative & Regulatory Affairs Director
• Julianna Rauf, ABMA Legislative & Regulatory Affairs Coordinator
• Rita Ferris, NRLA President