WARROAD, Minn. — Marvin Windows and Doors and Integrity Windows and Doors are rolling out expanded mulling capabilities and options. A new assortment of products and accessories are designed to streamline the building process, allowing for larger certified window assemblies and greater expanses of glass.
“Window walls are an increasingly popular home design statement, but the process of navigating codes, placing orders and installing these mulled assemblies can be challenging and time-consuming for builders,” said Kris Hanson, Senior Manager, Product Management at The Marvin Family of Brands. “Our expanded range of products and accessories will ease this process by offering simple AAMA 450 certification and factory-prepped solutions for efficient on-site assembly. These advances will allow architects and builders to tackle ambitious window wall designs with greater confidence, while delivering the clean sightlines desired by homeowners.”
New mulling solutions from Marvin Windows and Doors
• Narrow Frame (Contemporary) 3/8” MRF
• Standard Full Frame 3/8” MRF
• Expanded AAMA 450-Certified Assemblies
• Prep for Field Mull: Starting mid-2018, window walls that are too large to be shipped fully assembled will arrive in large, pre-prepped sub-assemblies.
• Readily Available Performance Grade Information: Architects and builders can now find all certified mull Performance Grade (PG) ratings in the mulling section of Marvin’s Architectural Detail Manual (ADM).
New mulling solutions from Integrity Windows and Doors
• Wood-Ultrex Certified Mulls: Integrity has produced AAMA 450-certified mulls for its All Ultrex fiberglass product line since 2014 and is now expanding its capabilities to the innovative Wood-Ultrex collection.