LAS VEGAS — The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) named the winners in its 10th annual Best of IBS Awards during the NAHB International Builders’ Show (IBS) in Las Vegas. The awards were presented during a ceremony on the final day of the show.
This year’s Best of IBS Awards received more than 400 entries. Decided by a panel of 26 independent judges made up of industry and media representatives, the awards were given in nine categories, plus the overall Best in Show winner.
Awards were given to exhibitors with a product or line that shows the best combination of design, functionality and innovation, as well as its usefulness to consumers and/or home builders.
The winners are:
• Best in Show: Door Stud by Door Stud LLC.
• Best Energy Efficient Product: SPAN Drive by SPAN
• Best Home Software Product: BILT by BILT Inc.
• Best Home Technology Product: GE Profile UltraFast Combo with Ventless Heat Pump Technology by GE Appliances
• Best Indoor Product: Overture Automated Indoor Air Quality System by Broan-NuTone
• Best Kitchen & Bath Product: BlueStar Dual Fuel Range by BlueStar
• Best Outdoor Product: HydAway Hydraulic Walls by HydAway Hydraulic Walls
• Best Window and Door Product: DoorStud by Door Stud LLC.
• Most Innovative Building Materials: Elevation Cable Rail by Barrette Outdoor Living
• Most Innovative Construction Tool: Mobile Carpenter Workshop Trailer by On-Site Building Solutions LLC
“As a builder and consumer, I was very impressed to see all the wonderful products that our industry produces,” said Kim Chambers with Charter Constructions Inc. and Best of IBS Awards judge.
“The greatest thing about the Best of IBS Awards is the wide range of products representing all aspects of the home building industry,” said Dusty Johnson with Liberty Homes Inc. and Best of IBS Awards judge.
“As a judge, it could not be more exciting to see the new and innovative products brought forth at this year’s show,” said Dan Mitchell with Eagle CDI and Best of IBS Awards judge.
The panel of judges noted that the Best in Show winner, Door Stud by Door Stud LLC., integrates seamlessly with all door applications, interior or exterior doors, commercial or multifamily properties and national or international construction. The simplicity, cost, durability and ease of use of the product also impressed the judges.