CHICAGO – The North American Wholesale Lumber Association (NAWLA) recently introduced its 2017 Board of Directors, which was elected by members in accordance with the organization’s bylaws. Board members and officers officially began their terms January 1, 2017.
2017 Officers (Executive Committee)
· Jim McGinnis, The McGinnis Lumber Co., Inc., Meridian, Miss. (Chairman)
· Nick Fitzgerald, Building Products, Inc., Council Bluffs, Iowa (First Vice Chairman)
· David Bernstein, Mid-State Lumber Corporation, Branchburg, N.J. (Second Vice Chairman)
· Rob Latham, Tri-State Forest Products, Inc., Springfield, Ohio (Secretary/Treasurer)
· Scott Elston, Forest City Trading Group, Portland, Ore. (Immediate Past Chairman)
· Bethany Doss, Capital Lumber Co., Healdsburg, Calif.
· Phil Duke, Lumberman’s Wholesale Distribution, Nashville, Tenn.
· Heath Hutchison, Hutchison Lumber and Building Products, Adams City, Colo. (New Director)
· Mary Jo Nyblad, Boise Cascade LLC, Boise, Idaho
· Paul Owen, Vanport International, Inc., Boring, Ore.
· Bill Price, All Star Forest Products, Jackson, Miss. (New Director)
· Warren Reeves, Wholesale Wood Products, Dothan, Ala.
· Alden Robbins, Robbins Lumber Company, Searsmont, Maine (New Director)
· Dan Semsak, Pacific Woodtech Corp., Burlington, Wash.
· D. Wayne Trousdale, Cedar Creek, Oklahoma City, Okla. (New Director)
· Mark Wells, UFP Purchasing, Inc., Union City, Ga.
· Donna Whitaker, Interfor, Baxley, Ga.
Priorities and strategic initiatives that the newly installed board will oversee include helping member firms attract and retain the next generation of member company leadership, facilitating world-class best practice sharing to help members address current business challenges or opportunities and providing opportunities for NAWLA members to explore innovative avenues to enhance their own companies.
For more information about NAWLA and its leadership, visit www.nawla.org.