The recently completed Do it Best October Market featured strong attendance and robust sales – as well as the annual Shareholders’ Meeting, which was led by member-owner and Board Chairman Jim Lehrer. At the meeting, co-op members voted to elect four new members, and re-elect one current member, to its board of directors for 2016:
• Eli Bliffert, a three-year term; he currently serves as co-owner and vice president of Bliffert Lumber and Hardware, a Do it Best member since 2008 with five locations in southeast Wisconsin.
• Richard McCoy, a two-year term; he is the owner and president of Orme Do it Best Hardware, a Do it Best member since 1963 with seven stores throughout eastern Ohio.
• Douglas Mans, a three-year term; he is the owner and president of Mans Lumber and Millwork, a Do it Best member since 1982 with two locations in Michigan.
• John Holmes, re-elected to a third term of three years; he is the owner of Holmes Building Materials, a Do it Best member since 1995 with three locations throughout Louisiana.
• Jeff Pardini, a three-year term; he is the owner, president and CEO of Hills Flat Lumber, a Do it Best member since 1991 with two locations in California.
“As the only full service co-op in the industry, our directors reflect the diverse nature of our membership, and that is certainly the case with each of the successful, independent entrepreneurs joining or continuing to serve on the board this year,” said Do it Best Corp. President and CEO Bob Taylor. “We look forward to them contributing to the long-term success of the co-op at such an important level, and we are incredibly appreciative of the service and guidance provided by the outgoing directors they are replacing.”
The four outgoing board members are Tom Brown, Howard Miller, Scott Parker and Randy Skinner.