The ideal replacement for conventional lags—SPAX® PowerLags® set the bar for structural wood-to-wood connections. Buy less, do more with the highest withdrawal and pull-through values in the industry. SPAX PowerLags, code recognized for deck ledger attachment, require up to 50% fewer fasteners for installation than competing structural screws.
PowerLags are engineered from head to tip to help you save labor time, and drive stronger, longer-lasting results and move onto your next job faster.
- Zero pre-drilling required* (1/4″ and 5/16″)
- Up to 40% less driving torque to increase installation speed while helping prevent cracking in logs thanks to patented thread serrations
- Eliminate the need and extra cost of a separate washer with built-on washer head designs
- Convenient identification without measuring and aids on-site inspections with fastener length stamped on the head of each fastener
- Reduced stripping with T-Star drive
- Heat treated grade 5 durability
PowerLags are also the largest selection of code-recognized structural wood-to-wood screws for framing in the industry. The structural fasteners are IRC / IBC Code Compliant DrJ TER No. 1912-07 Properties Report and Independently tested and approved DrJ Technical Evaluation Reports (TER No. 1711-01; Deck Ledger Attachment and TER No. 1802-03; Multi-Ply; Sawn lumber assemblies and engineered wood – LVL, PSL and LSL assemblies).
Get SPAX PowerLags in bulk from wholesalers, dealers and specialty distributors or in project-appropriate package sizes at retail hardware and home improvement stores.
*Note: Lead holes of 11/64″ (.172″) diameter are required for 3/8″ and 13/64″ (.203″) diameter for 1/2″