A curated siding solution of panel, plank, and trim products, the Hardie™ Architectural Collection offers contemporary design solutions to meet any style, allowing building pros and consumers to combine profiles, textures, and colors to achieve looks across modern, transitional, and traditional aesthetics. It also makes it easy to meet today’s trends toward varied, multi-textured facades within the collection itself or in combination with other materials.
For LBM dealers, selling the Hardie Architectural Collection should focus on both looks and performance, with attributes that satisfy not only aesthetic needs but homeowners’ desire for durable, low-maintenance materials.
Consider these strategies to support sales:
- Understand the Value: As with any product category, product knowledge is critical to selling the Hardie Architectural Collection. Along with its contemporary beauty and design attributes, the fiber cement panels are Engineered for Climate® to stand up to the elements in the customer’s region. They resist the effects of wind, moisture, and extreme temperatures, as well as insects, fire, and impact. The low-maintenance cladding carries a 30-year non-prorated warranty.
- Leverage the Design Versatility: The curated nature of the Hardie Architectural Collection allows panels and textures to be combined for modern, transitional, and traditional style preferences, while also meeting demand for varied facades and streetscapes. Leverage James Hardie’s online Home Design Tool to show customers the broad range of design possibilities.
- Get Inspired: With a push toward multi-textured facades, there are endless ways to create unique curb appeal. Observe what your customers are doing and draw inspiration from Hardie’s online design galleries to provide your customers with fresh ideas and insights for combining cladding materials, colors, and textures.
- Seeing Is Believing: For a new product like the Hardie Architectural Collection, visualization is key. Samples and displays that incorporate cladding combinations, along with online design tools, can help your customers’ vision begin to take shape.
- Combine with Other Hardie Products: Hardie Architectural Panels work well alone or in combination with other materials, including classic Hardie siding products. For example, the clean lines of Architectural Panels make a great accent in a gable, bump out, or entryway alongside larger expanses of traditional wood-look Hardie lap siding.
- Understand Your Market: The range of textures in the Hardie Architectural Collection fit in nearly anywhere but may be particularly attractive in certain regions. For example, the more pronounced texture of Mounded Sand is reminiscent of stucco found in Southwest, while Seagrass has an organic, natural feel that is quite popular in coastal areas.
- Leverage the James Hardie Pro-Site: James Hardie offers a portal for building pros, www.jameshardiepros.com, with installation materials, technical bulletins, product information, and other documents you and your pro customers can download to help understand and sell.
Weyerhaeuser Distribution is committed to delivering the reliable, consistent products you can rely on. Connect with your Weyerhaeuser representative today about the exterior cladding solutions available in your market.