Additional sales positions and capital investments ensure continued superior service to area dealers and their builder customers.
Federal Way, Wash., March 4, 2015 – Weyerhaeuser Distribution’s Richmond, Va., distribution center has expanded its sales team in recent months, with several new positions and hires that will allow the full staff to increase attention on and service to dealer partners.
Additions and investments include:
- ·Area General Manager: Jan Marrs was hired as Area General Manager, and will focus on the needs of valued customers in the region. Jan has been with Weyerhaeuser for 25 years in various roles, including region general manager for recycling and manufacturing manager for engineered wood products.
- ·Inside Sales: The Richmond location added an inside sales team, consisting of Andrew Little, Danelle Wilder and Martina Martinez. Each new team member brings ample knowledge of and experience with the local building material environment.
- ·Outside Sales: A third outside salesperson—Tim Reed—has joined the distribution center, a move that will allow each salesperson more time in the field to assist customers with growing their businesses. Tim has 10 years of distribution experience with Weyerhaeuser. Tim joins Jason Mitchell and David Walls; together, they bring 51 years of industry experience.
- ·Product Specialist: Paul Bryant has also joined the Richmond Team as a Product Sales Representative. Paul specializes in lumber procurement and sales.
- ·Product Expert Designations: Within Richmond operations, Weyerhaeuser has identified product champions to ensure the team has the strongest product knowledge in the industry. Associates will leverage this increased product intimacy to support customers and help them meet growth initiatives across categories.
- ·Capital Investments: Weyerhaeuser Distribution has invested more than $150,000 in safety and efficiency improvements at the Richmond location, including paving and a new office.
Along with traditional product support, the Weyerhaeuser Distribution sales team provides a range of value-added services and training opportunities for its dealer partners, including support for LEAN projects and safety training.
“When our customers succeed, we succeed,” says Nate Jorgensen, vice president of Weyerhaeuser Distribution. “By ramping up our personnel and service capabilities in Richmond, we can better serve dealers in the Mid-Atlantic region, continuing our track record not just for efficient, accurate deliveries, but also for those training and support programs that set Weyerhaeuser Distribution apart.”
News release provided by Weyerhauser